10.16.2008

Tales of a Day with a Toddler

This morning started with M finding a box of packing popcorn that I should have tossed out the last time I cleaned it up. But feeling lazy at the moment I forgot. So she found it and spread it all over the room. She thought it was "raining" and felt so cool. She eventually ended up laying in it and then getting in the box and pushing her hands through it. I couldn't get mad, she was so thrilled. So what did I do? I snapped pictures.



Then during her nap I moved a load of laundry and found my first rock in the bottom of the washer. I looked at it and smiled and wondered if I should start a collection jar on top of the dryer. I wonder how long before I would fill it up. Just made me smile.

THEN when she got up from her nap I walk into her room and she says, "poop". So during the time it took her to fall asleep she'd taken off her shorts and her diaper (which must have been poopy & she hates being poopy) and tossed them over the side. Then while she was sleeping the mess got bigger... so I grinned, really what are you going to scold, and cleaned put the mess in the washer (Including her dear blankie). We all know that load had to finish by bedtime so the blankie would not be out of commission.

So you think it might end there but no she managed to get into a bit more mischief before the day was through.

Good thing she has a bedtime! I'm tired!

No comments: